First Start Loans - Closed
First Start Loans provide you with the opportunity to own your first primary production enterprise. These loans provide concessional interest in those critical first years of establishment.
Ever wanted a viable primary production enterprise of your own?
Take the first step and:
- Purchase your first primary production enterprise, including from family members
- Enter into leasing/sharefarming/sharefishing arrangements
- Establish your new farm enterprise in stages to achieve viability
Do I need equity to apply?
You will require 50% equity to apply. However, this may be varied depending on your circumstances. Please discuss this with us.
Loan amounts are available up to $500,000.
To enable your interest payments to be consistent, QRAA can offer low interest rates over fixed terms of one, three or five years. Please view our current interest rates.
Interest-only options up to a maximum of two years may be available, depending on your circumstances. Please discuss this option with us.
A maximum repayment term of up to 20 years can apply.
Fees and Charges
As with all QRAA programs, no establishment, account keeping or early payout fees apply.
Terms and Conditions
Our programs are subject to terms and conditions that identify the required eligibility criteria for each loan. If you are interested in applying for a First Start Loan, some of the key criteria that you will need to meet include:
- Have resided in Queensland for at least two years and not have already owned or disposed of a viable rural property.
- Provide evidence of a financial need.
- Be able to demonstrate that the purchase is not a finance re-arrangement, where funds are sought to enable purchase of parents' or other family members' primary production enterprise.
- Have adequate experience or other qualifications to give a prospect of success in the industry you wish to enter.
- Be able to demonstrate a 50% equity in relation to the purchase, or 50% of set up costs for leasing, sharefarming or sharefishing. Please note that the level of equity required may be varied by QRAA in certain circumstances (such as a joint lending proposal with a commercial lender and/or when stable off farm/other income is available).
- Have adequate funding for carry-on purposes.
- Show sound prospects for commercial viability in the long term development of your business.
For further information regarding the eligibility criteria for First Start Loans, please contact us on Freecall 1800 623 946 or view the full terms and conditions for First Start Loans in the guidelines.
Completing your Application
When applying for a First Start Loan, you will need to complete the following documents:
Should you have any queries with regards to completing the application form, please contact us on Freecall 1800 623 946.
Thedetails concise information of the features and benefits of this program.
Should you have any queries regarding this program, please contact us on Freecall 1800 623 946 or contact your nearest Client Liaison Officer in one of our regional offices.