Resource Management Loans - Closed
Resource Management Loans provide you with non-means tested finance to cover capital costs associated with implementing resource management practices to attain a greater level of sustainability and profitability.
Resource Management Loans provide you with the financial means to undertake a range of activities including:
- establishing additional water points to more effectively use your pasture resources
- effluent management and recycling
- reclaiming degraded areas
- fencing for landcare purposes
- controlling exotic weeds and animals
- managing vegetation
Are Resource Management Loans means tested?
No, Resource Management Loans are not means tested. That is, your application is not asset tested, but will be evaluated on the eligibility of your chosen activity and the financial capacity of your operation to repay the borrowings.
The maximum amount of a loan, or the total outstanding loan balance under the Resource Management program is $300,000.
To enable your interest payments to be consistent, QRAA can offer low interest rates over fixed terms of one, three or five years. Please view our current interest rates.
Interest-only options up to a maximum of two years may be available, depending on your circumstances. Please discuss this option with us.
A maximum repayment term of up to 20 years can apply.
Fees and Charges
As with all QRAA programs, no establishment, account keeping or early payout fees apply.
Terms and Conditions
Our programs are subject to terms and conditions that identify the required eligibility criteria for each loan. If you are interested in applying for a Resource Management loan, some of the key criteria that you will need to meet include:
- An ability to service the loan and demonstrated sound prospects for commercial viability in the long term.
- Demonstrate that you work full-time in your primary production enterprise either as owner operator, leaseholder/sharefarmer/sharefisher, or as part of a small family company or partnership.
- Normally derive your major source of income from your primary production enterprise.
- Obtaining certification of the proposal by completing a Resource Management Activity Certification Form from QRAA (if required). Please note, some activities (as indicated in the 'Eligible Activities' table) may need certification by a department other than QRAA prior to lodgement due to implications for regulatory requirements.
Completing your Application
When applying for a Resource Management Loan, you will need to complete the following documents:
To be submitted to QRAA
To be submitted to the Department of Natural Resources and Water
Thedetails concise information of the features and benefits of this program.
Should you have any queries with regards to completing your application, please contact us on Freecall 1800 623 946 or contact your nearest Client Liaison Officer in one of our regional offices.